Author Topic: opcda driver  (Read 1763 times)

maxketcham

• View Profile
opcda driver
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
I'm not new to OPC, but I am new to servers. Does anyone know how I make this driver connect to an opcserver from a laptop? I can get it to work fine running from the server, but I'm clueless on what I need to do to connect it to the server remotely. I have used other software such as OPCDATestClient and the only thing I had to do there was give it an IP address and a opcserver name and it connected. I tried that with AdvancedHMI's driver and it doesn't work, keeps saying "the URL scheme 'HTTP' is not supported",  so what am I missing here? my server name in "Kepware.KEPServerEX.V5" and my server address is "10.224.220.108"

thanks for any help you may give.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: opcda driver
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:30:39 AM »
Did you set the OPCServerPath to opcda://10.224.220.108

maxketcham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 11:24:34 AM »
I'll try that and get back to you.

maxketcham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 11:31:17 AM »
OK I set to that, and now I get a Network error message, I'll have my sys admin make sure he has everything ok out there first. Thanks that looks like that was the problem without a manual didn't know what you needed in the address field.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:54:22 AM »
Is there a reason you have to use OPC and not able to use the native drivers? The AdvancedHMI drivers are much faster and more efficient than OPC drivers.

maxketcham

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 12:23:08 PM »
Yes, I'm talking to an OPC server that draws data from 45 plc's they are on a different networks, this is all for production tracking and at times for equipment control and conveyor routing. The fix you showed me did work, but I'm not a sysadmin here and the network firewall blocked me, Monday that will be squared away and everything should work. I do have another question though, why does the label value change event only fire on false to true and not true to false? it is playing havoc with some of the tracking I'm doing in code.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 01:19:13 PM »
I do have another question though, why does the label value change event only fire on false to true and not true to false? it is playing havoc with some of the tracking I'm doing in code.
If you look at the BasicLabel.vb code, you will see on line 70 the ValueChanged event does fire for any change. If you are not getting the event every time, you may want to put a break point at line 59 and step through during a transition of True to False.

Do you see the BasicLabel actually change on the form?

maxketcham

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »
Sorry, been away for the weekend, won't be back at work until Tuesday. But yes I could see the label update from true to false. The BasicLabel.Valuechanged, or BasicLabel.Textchanged (I tried them both) event did not fire, though it did fire when I saw it change from false to true. I'll try the break point you suggested when I get back Tuesday morn., thanks. By the way I'm using VB2013 Professional. and Windows 8.1 along with the latest and greatest AdvancedHMI V3.99a.