Author Topic: How to create a new AHMI solution  (Read 900 times)

lwciak

• View Profile
How to create a new AHMI solution
« on: April 05, 2016, 04:16:41 AM »
Hi all,
Please don't pelt me with rocks for the question:

I want to build several different AHMI apps.
I am stuck as how to save my current sln and then close it then open a new AHMI SLN (blank of course). I am using MS Visual 2015.
Is there a setting to "save as" the current SLN and then open a new SLN? In other words, how to save say AHMI 1 then create an AHMI 2.
I'm using AHMI 399d

I've been through the documentation and help files but found nothing.
I must be really missing something.
Any help or pointers to solve this issue will get you my first born
TIA

LWC aka maltmaster

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: How to create a new AHMI solution
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 07:31:09 AM »
There are 2 ways you can do it. The first and the one I use most often is to create a new directory and give it the name of your project. Then download and extract AdavancedHMI into that directory.

The second method is a bit more complicated. I use this if I have several HMIs on the same machine or system. Within Visual Studio, in the Solution Explorer, right click the Solution and select Add New Project. Select a Callsic Desktop->Windows Forms Application. You will now need to add all of the references as used in the AdvancedHMI project.

Mvlawn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:32:01 AM »
Maltmaster

I have ran into this same problem, all you have to do is copy the entire AHMI folder, then paste it and rename it. I have bought all the addons so I built a blank one with addons ready and go from there. Hope this helps.

lwciak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 05:57:05 PM »
Another doh! for me. Thanks guys... It's a bit embarrassing but I'm greatfull for all the answers to this and the others I have posted. This is one of the very few FORUMS where a member is never derided or given a very negative sarcastic response!

Again.. thanks to all and to Archie for and others for the great program an tips.

Maltmaster..aka lwciak