Author Topic: Message By Value  (Read 1059 times)

vk7dg

• View Profile
Message By Value
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »
Tried to use the Message by value control with Modbus TCPIP with V399f and compiles OK but when I test it; it comes up with errors relating to a missing speech Dll file and went into debugging. The speech was not enabled in the control. All I wanted to do was display day of the week using an integer value 1 - 7 as the day in text.

Cheers Dale

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Message By Value
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:35 AM »
Check to see if this file exists:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Speech.dll

It is installed by default with .NET 4

vk7dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 04:50:08 AM »
Hi Archie

Yes that file does exist in the folder described.

Regards Dale

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 07:40:26 AM »
Try to copy that speech DLL file into your Debug directory to see if you still get the error.

If the property SpeakMessage is False, it should not be looking for that file unless you added some other component to the project that is trying to make use of it.

vk7dg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 05:05:31 AM »
Hi Archie
No still did not work; have solved it though, I migrated the project to VS 2015 on Windows 10 and built it there and works. So I thing my install of VS2012 has issues with the .net framework 4 on Windows 8.1. Both are 64bit operating systems. The only other projects I maintain on VS2012 are version 3.5 framework and have been migrating them gradually but struck some issues going to the latest framework on Windows 7 clients.

All good have the AHMI project working exactly how I want it running on a Modbus driver to Automation Direct Productivity 3000.

Thanks for your help
Regards Dale