Author Topic: Circular Progress Bar  (Read 1097 times)

Ridge

• View Profile
Circular Progress Bar
« on: June 18, 2018, 02:44:31 PM »
First time posting.

Working on my first project. I have been trying out a few of the components to get a feel on how to use them in our project.
So far I have gotten around the issues I have encountered by consulting this forum (thanks to all!). However, I haven't been able to figure out the circular progress bar. Specifically, every address I have tried for the PLC address value has resultes in a "Property Value is not Valid".

We are using an Automation Direct Click PLC with Modbus TCP communications.

I figure I'm doing something wrong but haven't been able to pinpoint the issue and have not been able to find any reference to this.

Any help is appreciated.

Phrog30

Re: Circular Progress Bar
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
I'm assuming this error is during design mode, not runtime?

Ridge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, its during design. After the error the PLC Address Value field is cleared. I can go into runtime but since there is no address we get no value.

Phrog30

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
What is the address you are trying to enter?

Try just 400001, or something similar.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »
Since you are kind of experimenting, maybe download the latest 3.99y beta version of AHMI and as a first test just put CircularProgressBar on the form and try to assign an address.

Ridge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 11:08:24 AM »
What is the address you are trying to enter?

Try just 400001, or something similar.

Yes, that is precisely the type of address I tried. I tried a few others like:

- 400003 (Integer)
 - 428673 (Float)
 - 416385 (2 word integer)
 - 149153 (Bit [Counter])

Previous to the circular progress bar I tried the Panel Meter (address 40001) and Bar Level (address 40002) components and had no issues with addressing.

Ridge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:50 AM »
Since you are kind of experimenting, maybe download the latest 3.99y beta version of AHMI and as a first test just put CircularProgressBar on the form and try to assign an address.

I'll give it a try, although it will be sometime tomorrow.

Phrog30

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
I just tried and I can enter any value I want.  It's a string so it should accept anything you enter.  However, I will say that I don't see a way to bind to a driver, so that's a problem, assuming you have more than one on a form.

Ridge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:40 PM »
I just tried and I can enter any value I want.  It's a string so it should accept anything you enter.  However, I will say that I don't see a way to bind to a driver, so that's a problem, assuming you have more than one on a form.
Under Miscellaneous (Misc) there is an option called ComComponent, there is where you assign the driver. Just out of curiosity I changed the option to none and sure enough it allowed me to enter address 40001 with no errors. I then tried changing the driver back to Modbus TCP  and what do you know? It is now working!

I deleted the Circular bar component, introduced a new one, entered address 40001 and the error no longer appears.

So don't know what the issue was, but I seem to remember that when I was getting the error there where no options under the PLC Address Value field and after what i did, mentioned above, I now see several options.

Whatever it was it seems to be working now.

Phrog30

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »
Under Miscellaneous (Misc) there is an option called ComComponent

Pretty sad that I didn't see that.  Most of the controls will add a ComComponent automatically if one doesn't exist.  Not sure if this one does or not, I can't remember.  Sounds like this control needs tweaked in a few areas.

Ridge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:47:38 AM »
Pretty sad that I didn't see that.  Most of the controls will add a ComComponent automatically if one doesn't exist.  Not sure if this one does or not, I can't remember.  Sounds like this control needs tweaked in a few areas.

In my case it did add the ComComponent automatically.

I'm still curious as to why this happened, I will see if I can replicate the conditions that lead to the error.

Many thanks for your help.

Phrog30

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
I've seen visual studio do weird things. Make sure you are patched up. I saw a case where someone was using visual studio 2017 and it was going bonkers. He updated to the latest version and all of the silliness went away. Windows 10 has a "fun" way of making applications do weird things as well.