Author Topic: Momentary pushbutton not working as expected  (Read 644 times)

thebestg2002

• View Profile
Momentary pushbutton not working as expected
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
I have AHMI 17" Industrial Panel PC With Windows (Model: FIPC-J1917-2R) having the same issues posted in the link below. When I press and hold button (holding with mouse click) on the development computer (where Visual Studio is installed) everything works fine. PLC bit is ON and object moves.
When I copy application on the panel pc nothing happens when I press and hold button on the touchscreen (disabled right click in touch settings).

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2225.msg12824#msg12824

I am running windows 10. The remedy Archie posted was as follows:

"You will either need to find a setting to make your touch screen enable mouse emulation or turn off gesturing. The other option is to find the manufacturer's touch screen driver"

There is no touchpad so gesturing is not an option. Do you have a driver that works for this pc?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Momentary pushbutton not working as expected
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
With your panel you should have received a USB drive. On that drive is a touch screen driver that eliminates gesturing and makes the momentary buttons work more as expected. But you do sacrifice gesturing such as slide scrolling.

thebestg2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 12:23:51 PM »
Unfortunately, that USB drive has been repurposed. Typically I copy the contents of a manufacturer provided drive in a location that I can reference again in the future, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Could you provide it again please?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
You can download the driver from here:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/downloads/TouchDriverForJogCapability.zip

If you wiped out that USB drive, you also wiped out a special version of AdvancedHMI that only comes with the panels. That version included all of the expansion pack and is configured as a Main Menu Driven application.

thebestg2002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:26 PM »
I started development using the application that came on the drive. Fortunately, I'll be buying another panel in the near future so I'll make sure to take better care of drive and its contents.

Thanks for the help, Archie.