Author Topic: Upgrading existing project?  (Read 1968 times)

fohdeesha

• View Profile
Upgrading existing project?
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »
When a new release of AdvancedHMI comes out, is there an easy way to "upgrade" an existing project? In the past I've only had really small projects so when a new version was released I just deleted it and started over in the new project of AdvancedHMI.

However now I have a pretty big project going, when 3.80 comes out is there a way to upgrade it without starting all over?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Upgrading existing project?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »
As long as your project was in a 3.50 or later version, you could download and open the latest version, then right click AdvancedHMI project in Solution Explorer, select Add Existing, then browse to the forms of your previous solution.

The bad news is that version 3.80 will not be such a graceful upgrade. Some significant changes had to be made to the solution structure in order to make it easier to add C# projects. This will make it take a little more effort to upgrade to it.

fohdeesha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it will be a good idea for me to wait to do the bulk of the work on this project until I'm on 3.80, any idea how soon it will be available?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
I am creating a project with it this week to test it out. Maybe in a week if the tests go well.

fohdeesha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
sweet!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »
Version 3.80 is now available

andreaboschetti71

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
Hi Archie, in the past I purchased all your controls but in newer version I had errors when I import it can you help me?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
Version 3.80 does require an updated version of the expansion packs. If you previously purchased them, send an email with either the order number, transaction number, or the paypal email used, and the updated packs will be sent.