Author Topic: HTTP protocol or web interface  (Read 7177 times)

Ibrahim

• View Profile
HTTP protocol or web interface
« on: December 09, 2014, 05:32:29 AM »
Hi,

can AdvancedHMI support web interface please.
and if yes how please.

Thanks alot
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:45:15 PM by Ibrahim »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: HTTP protol or web interface
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 06:50:17 AM »
AdvancedHMI is not designed for web use. It may be possible to create a web server component that can send a snapshot of the screen.

Ibrahim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
Hi,

how please if you can give me some idea

thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
You would need to be fairly versed with .NET. First you would need to find or write some code for a web server. Then you would need to capture a screenshot to send back to the request. Maybe using a bit blast function and convert it to a jpg or png.

Ibrahim

• View Profile
Re: HTTP protol or Web interface
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 06:00:20 AM »
Hi Archie,

thanks for your support,
just wanted to ask  you in the coming future that AHMI can be available  http protocol.

thanks

Ibrahim

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: HTTP protol or Web interface
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »
just wanted to ask  you in the coming future that AHMI can be available  http protocol.
I created an experimental component that would allow you to see a static snapshot via web browser, but it was slow and not very useful. Making a live view within a web browser is quote a bit more complicated since AdvancedHMI was designed from the beginning to be fast and easy to use for a local HMI only. This feature has been requested quite a bit so it may make it into a future version, but I really don't see it being done within the next 2 years.

Mikefly95

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »
If i am missing something then i apologize for posting on this question. If you want a web interface sooner then 2 years couldn't you drop a data base into the mix? Have AMHI read from the PLC and input into the DB and from the DB back into the PLC. So essentially you would be using AHMI as a type of service and build your web page to read and input in to the DB. With a decent network and i would suggest MySQL as the DB it would not be that complicated. Then you would also be free to build your web UI in any language you choose.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
If you want a web interface sooner then 2 years couldn't you drop a data base into the mix? Have AMHI read from the PLC and input into the DB and from the DB back into the PLC. So essentially you would be using AHMI as a type of service and build your web page to read and input in to the DB. With a decent network and i would suggest MySQL as the DB it would not be that complicated. Then you would also be free to build your web UI in any language you choose.
This is of course an option for those with skills in web development. If you were to go that far, you could probably add an ASP project to the AdvancedHMI solution and create a web site from scratch and use the drivers to get the data from the PLC. The problem is that you wouldn't have any of the visual controls (meters, gages, etc.) to add to the form and the web pages would be a complete different project.

The 2 years I cited would be to make web controls that could be used to be the HMI and also be able to see that same HMI in a web browser with the controls showing live data. In an ideal scenario, you would simply add a web component to the form and that component would automatically make that form viewable by a web browser.

Ibrahim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 04:16:07 AM »
Hi,

thanks alot,

is there any one can give us about how the plc can read data from the database plz

thanks again
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:17:07 AM by Ibrahim »

joel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
If i add an ASP.NET project to an AHMI solution, how can i read a compactLogix plc  tag directly from the web page? Please explain

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
If i add an ASP.NET project to an AHMI solution, how can i read a compactLogix plc  tag directly from the web page? Please explain
I wouldn't be able to help much with the web site, but I can give you an example of ow to read data using VB code:

Dim MyValue as string = EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Read("MyTag")

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
I'm curious to get others feedback on this topic because I also wanted to view live data over a web page. However when you think about it isn't it just as good to use TeamViewer or similar program to just view the Remote Desktop?  I don't see an advantage of the web interface since both methods require Internet access anyway and besides TeamViewer provides a secure access along with ability to do other task such as restart processes etc. just curious what benefit the web page would give you. Thanks.

joel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 02:24:31 AM »
Isn't it just as good to use TeamViewer or similar program to just view the Remote Desktop?

Using remote desktop, only one person can use the system at a time. And it takes time for connection. That does not really serve the purpose of web scada. In manufacturing industries time is money and getting the information at the right time may be priceless.

With a web scada server connected to a wifi router. Anybody who has a capable smart phone (which is almost everyone) within the range of the router can get connected to the machine. This way everybody has the tool to get connected and any modification i need to do can be done by just editing the server codes. Thats the key, make your machine communicate with everyone. Managers, engineers, technicians, supervisors and even operators. Everybody sud know the status of the machine real-time. That reduces the breakdown time and improves the OEE.

Actually i will restict this broadcasting within my plant. I wont dare connecting my PLC network to the internet. Attacks can come from anyone with moderate hacking skills. Thats a risk not worth taking. There are times when long distance remote access is required. But thats another topic.

joel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 05:51:54 AM »
I hope adding an ASP.NET project works. Unfortunately, i cant test it right now.. Will post the result after testing.

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
Thanks, those are valid points.  I hope you are successful, please share your results.