Author Topic: Datasubscriber controls disappear from design  (Read 1231 times)

Noe

• View Profile
Datasubscriber controls disappear from design
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »
Hi all.

I've just started using the datasubscriber control, but after a while it vanished from the design window, even that in the code the control is still valid. If I want to change the address of the PLC variable to monitor, this will not allow me as control and its properties are not show, so I need to set a new ds control and rename it in the code to be able to.

Did somebody stumbled into this? Is there any way to recover those controls in design?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:31:43 AM by Sprungmonkey »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Datasubscriber controls disappear from design
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »
The Visual Studio designer will sometimes give strange behavior like this. The first thing to try is to delete all \obj and \bin directories from the AdvancedHMI and AdvancedHMIDrivers directories. Then open the solution and Rebuild.

If that doesn't work, you will have to go into the designer generated code. You can do this by clicking on the Show All Files in the Solution Explorer tool bar. Then expand down the form you are working on and open the designer.vb file. You just have to look for anything that looks abnormal.

Noe

• View Profile
Re: Datasubscriber controls disappear from design
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 02:28:08 PM »
Really thanks Archie, you helped me to solve the issue. I suppose these are the things you cannot prevent, but learn how to fix.

Just for sharing, I tried deleting the OBJ and BIN folders from the project folder and hit rebuild the solution, but had no effect.

What it worked was to check the Designer.vb file after adding a new datasubscriber and compare against the code of the old datasubscribers controls, so I could note there was a lot of code missing for them. I just copied it and changed to the appropiate control name, and everything went back to normal at the designer view!!

Really appreciated!