Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Support Questions / Re: How to Avoid PLC and PC timeouts
« Last post by Archie on February 29, 2024, 09:19:33 AM »
BeginRead is an asynchronous command which takes a lot more overhead to use. I would only use it if you need non-blocking code.

If you are just monitoring values for change, I would use the DataSubscriber

« Last post by paintman on February 29, 2024, 08:42:38 AM »
Are you using v3.99x or 3.99y ?

How are you reading data in the code? Read or BeginRead? How frequently are you reading?

I am using 3.99y, as for reading the data im not utilizing either of those (im fairly new to vb in general). I am just using the mydriver.read/write to pull the information from the plc. So it just reads during each scan cycle. Would begin read be better?

Currently in the operation when it sees a release bit it goes through a few nested if loops then will write the data to a text file which is linked to a list view and it its a part number its never seen before itll write the information to the PLC array
« Last post by Archie on February 28, 2024, 04:08:32 PM »
Are you using v3.99x or 3.99y ?

How are you reading data in the code? Read or BeginRead? How frequently are you reading?
Support Questions / How to Avoid PLC and PC timeouts
« Last post by paintman on February 28, 2024, 03:28:51 PM »
Hello,

I am using advancedhmi v35 and visual studio 2022, I wrote a VB.net script to continuously monitor data on the PLC (a GuardLogix 5380 Safety Controller). It works very well, but we run into an issue where the line will go on break for lunch etc and during that time the HMI says it has lost connection to the PLC. I am connected through an EhternetIPforCLXCom connection, I even setup a counter function that continuously runs to keep the EthernetIPforCLXCom1_DataReceived sub active; however, it still times out and when the line is started back the HMI never reconnects. Is there a better way to perform a handshake to allow the PC and PLC to not lose the connection between the two?
I though about creating a section on the PC that will reset the counter when it reaches a certain level. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Support Questions / Re: Changing the Look of a Button
« Last post by Archie on February 28, 2024, 02:37:34 PM »
- In Solution Explorer expand down AdvancedHMIControls
- Exapand down the Controls folder
- Right Click BasicButton.vb and select View Code
- Go down to about line 405, just below #Region "Events"
- Add this code
Code: [Select]
    Protected Overrides Sub OnEnabledChanged(e As EventArgs)
        MyBase.OnEnabledChanged(e)

If Not Me.Enabled Then
            Me.BackColor = Color.Black
        End If
    End Sub
Support Questions / Re: how to deal withe many MODBUS devices on the same Com Port ?
« Last post by Archie on February 28, 2024, 08:44:13 AM »
Hi Archie,
I have tested the driver with two devices connected via a usb-Rs485 converter with polling time 100ms and time out 300;
the stable 3.99x version works correctly,
the new version (3.99xbeta4), on the other hand, always generates TimeOut errors on the controls.
This is on the list to be looked into.
Hi Archie,
I have tested the driver with two devices connected via a usb-Rs485 converter with polling time 100ms and time out 300;
the stable 3.99x version works correctly,
the new version (3.99xbeta4), on the other hand, always generates TimeOut errors on the controls.
« Last post by Arvanoss on February 27, 2024, 06:32:16 AM »
Thanks Archie,

I am using the PLCAddressHighlightX and PLCAddressSelectTextAlternate to display reactions to the button press, these are basic Jog and Run buttons.

Is there an option/method to add a "Enable Forecolor" and "Enable Backcolor"?

Thanks
« Last post by Archie on February 26, 2024, 10:01:06 AM »
You can use the PLCAddressAhighlight property to change the color. Put the same address as used in PLCAddressEnabled
Support Questions / Changing the Look of a Button
« Last post by Arvanoss on February 26, 2024, 08:02:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a working project that the operators are asking for a change.

I have several Basic Buttons that are Enabled and Disabled based on the machine condition.  The operators would like the Disabled state to be a different color as they are having trouble determining if the button is Disabled.

Is there some code I can add to the button to change the color when Disabled??

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10