Author Topic: Main menu components for C#  (Read 819 times)

rrash283

• View Profile
Main menu components for C#
« on: November 08, 2021, 09:45:47 AM »
Has anyone converted the main menu functionality from VB to C#? I'm working on a project that has 4 or 5 different screens that shows the status of different equipment and I'm trying to find an easy way for the operators to switch between the screens. I figure I could just embed the buttons to change screens on each form, but if someone had taken the time to convert the main menu functions it would be worth trying.

MajorFault

Re: Main menu components for C#
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 03:21:48 PM »
Have you tried one of the many code translators?

Here's one:
http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 07:36:10 PM »
Has anyone converted the main menu functionality from VB to C#? I'm working on a project that has 4 or 5 different screens that shows the status of different equipment and I'm trying to find an easy way for the operators to switch between the screens. I figure I could just embed the buttons to change screens on each form, but if someone had taken the time to convert the main menu functions it would be worth trying.

VB is easier for newbie like you. Learn the easy step first, before you jump to C#.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 07:40:37 PM »
There is a topic with C# controls:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2688.0

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 07:19:03 AM »
Lucky for him!

But first principle should apply here. Newbies coming here, did not bother to read for some basic understanding, just fire their question right away.
Had he spent some time to read, he could have found it as well. >:(
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.

rrash283

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 03:45:42 PM »
Thank you Godra for being the only person to reply with something constructive.

MajorFault, I know about the online code translators. With the ones I tried the translation wasn't plug in play. I thought I would ask if anyone else had done it before I sat down and tried to reinvent the wheel.

bachpi, you should probably learn to just keep your mouth shut. Because I asked if anyone else had already done something before I did it, I must be a newbie with absolutely no understanding of how to program? I feel sorry for people like you that jump at every opportunity to be an asshole. You could have easily just gone about your day, but instead you felt it necessary to run your mouth.

I'm not new to programming, but I rarely deal with vb, c# or the .net frameworks. I was rewriting a program I wrote over 10 years ago. At that time I had never dealt with c# or vb. While the program worked as it was supposed to, it was poorly written. That was the first and only time I wrote anything in vb. I was asked to add some functionality to it and decided it would be a good time to clean it up. Instead of trying to relearn vb syntax I went with c# because I'm much more familiar with c syntax.