Author Topic: Chart with MicroLogix  (Read 512 times)

rp

• View Profile
Chart with MicroLogix
« on: July 14, 2019, 12:17:45 PM »
Hello all,

I am using a MicroLogix 1100 and I need show a chart with last 1000 values of two variables.

I searched but I am a little confused. I need use a datalogger and after chart the .log values or I can use a ChartbySampling and define the PLC Variables in Properties->Misc->PLCAddressItems ?

Thank you!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Chart with MicroLogix
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »
ChartBySampling - Reads the values of the defined addresses at the set sample rate. Then adds those values to the Chart.  MaxmumActivePoints set the number of points on the chart before they are scrolled off the left. No data is stored

ChartByArray - Plots data read from an array or data table in the PLC. Used when the PLC samples and stores the data

ChartWithLogging (3.99y only) - Samples values of the defined points, stores them in data files and plot them. The chart can be zoomed and panned to view different regions of the stored data.

BasicDataLogger - samples and stores data points in a text file. The data can be charted using an external app such as Excel or the one found here

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=2034.0

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 11:54:26 PM »
Archie, that's a nice explanation and could be placed in the Tips & Tricks category so it doesn't get buried in this one.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 01:25:08 PM »
I moved this over to the Documentation Wiki

https://advancedhmi.com/documentation/index.php?title=Charts

rp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:24:47 PM »