Author Topic: Linux Mint and AdvancedHMI  (Read 2449 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Linux Mint and AdvancedHMI
« on: February 12, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »
For those that like to experiment, I found that it is very easy to run an AdvancedHMI application on Linux Mint with Cinnamon. After installing be sure to have an internet connect and then enter this in a command prompt:

sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc

Mono is already part of the package, but needs the visual basic library (vbnc)

You can then execute an AdvancedHMI application like this:

mono AdvancedHMI.exe

doggo

• View Profile
Re: Linux Mint and AdvancedHMI
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 04:57:37 PM »
Archie,

What processor platform did you run this on? If AHMI could be made to run on something like a Raspberry Pi, that would make one heck of a price performer for HMI front ends.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »
Linux Mint only works on an x86 or x64 processor. I did the test on a PC with an Atom processor.

However I also tested the software on a BeagleBoard Black which uses an ARM processor, so it should also work on a Raspberry Pi. It did take about 8 hours to install and configure the right software on the Beagleboard, so I would expect the same process and maybe a few more hours on a Raspberry Pi to make it work

SDLS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »
There is a Ubuntu Mint - Version vor the Rasperry P 2B available. I installed it already for other testing purpose, and it worked very well! So I think, that AHMI should also run on the rasperry pi2B, but I haven't tested it yet.