Author Topic: 3.98j AllenBradleySLCMicro - Failed to get processor type (ML1000 w EtherNet/IP)  (Read 2409 times)

Godra

• View Profile
Just tried this latest version and it fails to get processor type.

Tried 3.98f and it works fine.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I just tried it out with an ML1100 over Ethernet and it worked. Can you do a Wireshark capture?

Godra

• View Profile
Here is one capture (if you need more let me know).

On the EtherNet/IP module I can see TX/RX ethernet light blinking but the TX/RX light for the PLC connection is "dead".

.198 is the module address and .199 is my computer (there is a router in between with .1 address).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:05:06 PM by Godra »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
It doesn't like the network connection parameter. This was modified for the largest possible packet size in order to increase speed. The priority was also set to High which maybe your PLC doesn't like. Attached is a patch that takes it back to normal priority. If this doesn't work, we will have to decrease the packet size.

If you are curious of the details, I attached the page from the CIP specification.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Are you using an ENI module to connect to a ML1000?

Godra

• View Profile
Yes I am using ENI module (which I described as EtherNet/IP instead of ENI).

Currently, with this new patch the outcome is still the same.

I can always use a version that works for me, just trying the new one.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
If you have RSLinx professional, can you start Wireshark, then right click the PLC and Data Monitor. This will let me see the maximum packet size the ENI module will allow. I no longer have an ENI module to test this with,

Godra

• View Profile
I am using RSLinx Classic but here is the link for ENI pdf manual which has Packet Size Limitations in Appendix C:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um006_-en-p.pdf

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
I had to make several changes, so this fix will be part of the next release.

Godra

• View Profile
Will test that new version when it is posted.

It appears that ENI is the only way to have ML1000 on ethernet network.

The module that I am using is series B with 10-Base-T connector (other people might be using other modules), but the connection to ML1000 is via RS232 cable which appears to limit the communication parameters.

The pictures of the modules in that manual show the TX/RX lights I mentioned and when there is working connection then the RS232 TX/RX light is rapidly blinking.