Author Topic: What would you like to see in the next major release?  (Read 82250 times)

Joe Matkowski

• View Profile
Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2023, 03:22:31 PM »
Maybe someone had already done this with their own developed app, but an Advanced HMI android/ios app would be nice for monitoring purposes would be extremely helpful. Something that you could view at a glance on a smart device to monitor a process away from the shop would be awesome. Ideally you could have limited I/O features (for safety of course) if you wanted, could monitor whatever values you wanted from temperature to cycle count, ect.

I did this in android and IOS but it's not so straight forward. Using what I learned using AHMI I used Xamarin Forms in visual studio to build an app that would poll a MySql server. My HMI has a backend that's just updating  values to the server and the mobile app just reads values. or at least the version I give the field guys.  be warned the Xamarin / XAML designer is a big pill to swallow learning, there no drag and drop controls you code everything but don't let me discourage you it's free to use.