Author Topic: Visual Studio - Values Getting Stuck  (Read 704 times)

PoppaDollz

• View Profile
Visual Studio - Values Getting Stuck
« on: November 15, 2020, 08:29:03 PM »
Good Evening All,

I created an application in visual studio that displays a product count on a digital panel meter. On the hour I am logging this data to a Microsoft Access server to generate a report on hourly throughput.

Occasionally when I check on the software running, I realize that the values on the screen are not changing. Whenever I close out of the application and restart it, the program will re-initialize the connection to the SLC and my values will again begin updating and there is a substantial gap between the number I had before re-initializing.

I am wondering a few things:

1) How can I stop the user form from "freezing" the values
2) What could be causing this to happen? Connection timing out?
3) Is there anything I can introduce into my code to periodically "Refresh" / "Re-Initialize" the connection to the SLC using the driver?

I am using the SerialDF1forSLCMicroCom driver to connect to a DH+ asset. I have no problem connecting and never see any communication errors on my basic labels whenever initially launching the program.

Hoping to find a fix on here so I can quit losing valuable data. Any and all information is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Visual Studio - Values Getting Stuck
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 08:51:42 PM »
What version of AdvancedHMI are you using? If not 3.99y, I recommend trying that version.

PoppaDollz

• View Profile
Re: Visual Studio - Values Getting Stuck
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:41:37 PM »
Archie,

Thanks for your response, I was unaware a newer beta version was out but I found it through the search and now have 399yBeta36.

I've created a new program with the update and am testing it out tonight.

Can't wait to utilize the other new features as well!