Author Topic: Status Bit Logging  (Read 858 times)

Derek5885

• View Profile
Status Bit Logging
« on: July 05, 2021, 09:10:45 AM »
All,
I have created several MessageDisplayByBit events. One is for Status bits, one for alarms and one for shutdowns. As the alarms and shutdowns are always 0 no message will display. As for status bits they can be a 0 or a 1. I have seen several posts regarding this issue and it took me a bit of searching in the RSLogix documentation to find what I was wanting. Scan the array and only record changes in the array. Then if the status bits do not change the log file remains static and the file does not fill up with status bits that are a 1. As this records changes in state, a transition from a 1 to a 0 or a 0 to a 1 is recorded. I put a timer in the Mov function which I am playing with now to determine the optimal time to compare a new set of values via an XOR comparison. As I have ~64 status bits I was having difficulty getting them to populate. Is was only when I split the array into 2 DINTS instead of 4 will the second DINT be recognized and the status bits recognized in the second DINT. (FYI)
Here is the question....
As I want the 3 MessageDisplayByBit to show up on multiple pages are there any recommendations as to where I should put it? I have put copies on every page but when I switch it takes a bit for the controls to start reading a several lines show up in the log. Can I put them on the Main Menu?
Thanks for the great program and great support!
Note: CLX processor and AHMI 399yBeta38
Derek

MajorFault

Re: Status Bit Logging
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 03:11:11 PM »
You answered your own question. Yes you will need to place them that's always open.

Derek5885

• View Profile
Re: Status Bit Logging
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 10:03:47 AM »
Thanks MajorFault,
I was able to add the MessageDisplayByBit to the main page. When I was originally manipulating the size I was getting some errors. This is working fine now.