Author Topic: Ver 3.8 Driver / Control Split  (Read 1006 times)

Randy

• View Profile
Ver 3.8 Driver / Control Split
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »
I am not sure this qualifies as a bug or is as intended but wanted to make sure you are aware.

I noticed that MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll  in the AdvancedHMIDrivers project requires dlls in the new AdvancedHMIControls project.

MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll needs not only MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.dll but also needs the AdvancedHMIControls project dll.

The AdvancedHMIControls project has references to the AdvancedHMIDrivers project indicating AdvancedHMIControls depends on AdvancedHMIDrivers

The AdvancedHMIDrivers project does not have references to the AdvancedHMIControls project leading one to believe that AdvancedHMIDrivers would stand alone (as before)

I usually only update the drivers in my application when a new version comes out so now it appears that AdvancedHMIControls and AdvancedHMIDrivers will need to be updated together.

I am not sure if that was your intent.  This was a bit confusing for me and this kind of circular reference may be confusing or cause problems in the future.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Ver 3.8 Driver / Control Split
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »
Version 3.80 has been restructured mainly for the purposes of making it easier to create C# projects and making it easier to modify the existing controls. The side effect of this restructuring is that upgrading pre-3.80 projects to 3.80 or higher is not an easy upgrade.

The AdvancedHMIDrivers project has not changed significantly, so I'm not sure how easy it is to take 3.80 driver project into an older Solution.