Author Topic: Modbus TCP - Send Que Full  (Read 801 times)

iamjer76

• View Profile
Modbus TCP - Send Que Full
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:20:42 PM »
I have an application that is replacing an old Wonderware application. There are about 45 recipe parameters I have to send to the PLC which currently works in the Legacy application. The new AdvancedHMI application must be writing too fast as now when I try to write the recipe parameters down, I am getting the "Send que full, may have lost connection or data request too fast" error. I have changed the PollRateOverride on the PLC Driver to 500 and then again to 1000, but the results were the same. I have added a System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(50) after every 10 recipes I write, and I still get the error. My assembly version is 3.9.8.18

Is there something else I might be able to try? I am really at a loss.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Modbus TCP - Send Que Full
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »
This issue was just recently discovered this week and a fix has been put in for the next version. To work around with the version you are using, you would need to add a sleep time in between about every 5 writes.

iamjer76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
Thanks Archie. I'll give that a shot.

iamjer76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 04:47:21 PM »
That did the trick...mostly. I loaded 5 sets of recipes and the 3rd recipe gave the error. 20% failure is much better than 100%. :) I may be able to limp by until the new version with the fix is available.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 10:44:28 PM »
Version 3.99a is now available that should fix this issue.